About Divine Design
What makes Divine Design special?
Divine Design is a full service residential and commercial interior design studio, providing clients distinctive, personalized design counsel and resources for making their design dreams a reality.
A few words about our lead designer Gwen Kenny
Gwen Kenny (nee Crosse) is a graduate of the Regent Academy of Fine Arts in London with a Diploma in Interior Design. She also has City and Guilds and a Certificate in Display Design from N.C.A.D. She has been working as a professional designer since 1991 and has lectured in interior design. After working for some of Ireland's most respected interior design companies Gwen set up Divine Design.
We have found that many of you who have never worked with an interior designer may be apprehensive in relation to what can be expected from a designer. Here is a brief outline of what we feel makes for a good framework for a designer-client relationship.
What to expect from your interior designer
- Someone who listens to your views and considers them in the design process.
- Creative solutions to the project's design challenges and goals.
- A finished project within budget and in a timely manner
- Clearly documented costs and payments
- Attention to detail
- Prompt and thoughtful responses to any questions and concerns
What the interior designer needs from the client
- As much information as possible, about your use of the space
- Express your ideas and goals clearly and thoroughly
- Set realistic goals and expectations
- Be open to your designer's suggestions
- Provide feedback in a timely manner
What You Should Expect from Divine Design
- The sense that your interests and opinions matter
- An accessible and proactive effort, taking the initiative to complete the job
- That some of your existing furnishings will be integrated into the new design, if you wish.
- Assurance that the designer will stick to a budget (and not tempt you with "the best" unless you insist).
- A full understanding of your lifestyle and use of your living space.
- Being shown a full range of options and products.
- The ability to see the net cost of every item, if you desire.
- As hassle-free a process for you as possible.
- Open communication with you to avoid surprises.
- That you love your new home after the job is complete.